Holistic Approach to Dentistry
Our dental professionals feel strongly that the link between good oral health and the overall wellbeing of a person is often overlooked.
We have a holistic approach to how our practice looks after our patients whom have a heightened awareness of their overall wellbeing.
What we do differently:
- Our equipment is state of the art:
- Sirona Digital x-ray units that are optimised to achieve quality images with a low radiation exposure.
- FotoSan light activated disinfection until that is used for Periodontal and Endodontic (Root Canal Treatment) disinfection. This is a painless system that has instant results, works on all micro-organisms without need of antiseptics or antibiotics, is quick and easy and is risk free without side effects.
- Sirona high capacity dry suction equipment which is designed to separate amalgam.
- External filtered suction with the use of DentaAirVac
- Suction motors and air compressors that are located outdoors to ensure suctioned during the amalgam removal or during any other restorative procedure (containing mercury vapors, different germs and substances) will not re-enter the practice environment.
- Separate air supply for the patient through oxygen cannulas in order to reduce inhalation of contaminated air.
- The placement of a Rubber Dam during for amalgam removed (a silicone dam is placed as mercury can penetrate latex)
- Amalgam specific burrs are used when cutting mercury fillings and the fillings are removed with a blocking technique rather than grinding.
- High volume water irrigation techniques are used when removing amalgam which is complimented with the high capacity suction system.
- Well researched products that hold excellent biocompatibility and contain no classic monomers such as BisGMA, TEGDMA, HEMA or BPA.
- Pre-operative and /or post-operative supplement support can be coordinated by the patient’s holistic professional.
We are mindful of the effect certain treatments can have on our patients and want to be able to give patients whom request this holistic approach to their treatment the best possible care. Our practice has been purpose built and designed to care for our patients using advanced technologies, techniques and equipment.