Holistic Approach to Dentistry
Our dental professionals feel strongly that the link between good oral health and the overall wellbeing of a person is often overlooked.
We have introduced a holistic approach to how our practice looks after our patients whom have a heightened awareness of their overall wellbeing.
ME Dental Practice has two environmentally friendly practices. Our Toowoomba Dental Practice and Highfields Dental Practice are certified by the eco dentistry association and as such we don’t use dental amalgams.
What we do differently:
- Our equipment is state of the art:
- Sirona Digital x-ray units that are optimised to achieve quality images with a low radiation exposure.
- FotoSan light activated disinfection until that is used for Periodontal and Endodontic (Root Canal Treatment) disinfection. This is a painless system that has instant results, works on all micro-organisms without need of antiseptics or antibiotics, is quick and easy and is risk free without side effects.
- Sirona high capacity dry suction equipment which is designed to separate amalgam.
- External filtered suction with the use of DentaAirVac
- Separate air supply through oxygen cannulas in order to reduce inhalation of contaminated air.
- Rubber Dam placement for amalgam removed (with a silicone dam as mercury can penetrate latex)
- Amalgam specific burrs are used when cutting mercury fillings and the fillings are removed with a blocking technique rather than grinding.
- High volume water irrigation is used when removing amalgam which is complimented with the high capacity suction system.
- Well researched products that hold excellent biocompatibility and contain no classic monomers such as BisGMA, TEGDMA, HEMA or BPA.
- Pre and /or Post supplement support can be coordinated by the patient’s holistic professional.
We are mindful of the effect certain treatments can have on our patients and want to be able to give patients whom request this holistic approach to their treatment the best possible care. Our practice has been purpose built and designed to care for our patients using advanced technologies, techniques and equipment.
If you would like to learn more about our holistic approach to dentistry contact our practice today.
Green Dentistry is environmentally conscious, high tech and wellness based.
From day one, Me Dental Practice has been actively involved with the idea of minimizing the impact that Dentistry has on our planet and on the side effects that some treatments or materials may have on our bodies.
For that reason we joined the experts in the field, the Eco Dentistry Association, and followed their Green Doc Dental Office Certification Program. This program focuses on 3 key aspects of a dental practice:
- Dental Materials and Processes
- Office Administration and Marketing
- Office Construction and Furnishings
In order to successfully pass this certification program we had to re-evaluate every aspect of our practice and how we operate as a business. Becoming compliant took us 2 years and we had to meet the green initiative requirements of more than 260 items. We have been awarded with the highest level of compliance, a GOLD CERTIFICATION.
We keep on working on a daily basis in this field through overseas training and constant research and information gathering about materials, toxicity, nutrition, naturopathy, alternative medicine and general health.
We are very proud of the fact we are currently the only practice in Australia to uphold its Gold Accreditation.
The Definition of Green Dentistry
Green dentistry is a high-tech approach that reduces the environmental impact of dental practices and encompasses a service model for dentistry that supports and maintains wellness.
Green dentistry meets the needs of millions of wellness lifestyle patients, and helps dental professionals protect planetary and community health.
Together, green dental practices, green dental patients and companies offering green dental products are transforming the dental industry through adoption of the EDA’s green dentistry model.
- Reduces waste and pollution - You’d be surprised how much waste and pollution is generated by a single dental practice.
- Saves water, energy and money - It’s time for every industry to conserve resources, and dentistry has an important role to play.
- Is high-tech - Many innovations on the leading edge of dental technology are also better for patients and the planet.
- Supports a wellness lifestyle - A growing community of consumers seeks dental professionals who share their values of personal and planetary wellness.